It seems that summer is finally here. Hooray! The weather is warming up and my exams are over. Did I say ‘my exams are over’? Well, hooray again! It’s official; summer has started and what better way to celebrate than going shopping and spending some time with good friends.
I am going back to Greece next week (unfortunately only for a few days) and the tickets to my favourite island have already been booked. So today was a good chance to do some last minute shopping. After spending two (hmm, ok maybe more) hours looking for the perfect bikini I desperately needed something refreshing.
How about a cold glass of Lemonade? Fresh. Sweet. Tart. Refreshing. Fruity. My first thought was to make a lemonade with raspberry syrup. However, I realised that there weren’t any ice cubes in the freezer. So I made a traditional lemonade recipe and added frozen raspberries instead of ice cubes.
This lemonade combines the tartness of lemon and the fruity aromas of raspberry. It tastes like summer in a glass.
If you want to turn this lemonade into a more adult beverage, just add a splash of gin or vodka. Welcome summer with this refreshing lemonade! Enjoy!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 4 basil leaves
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 cups cold water
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- Put sugar and one cup of water into a small saucepan and heat over low heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and add the basil leaves.
- Allow to completely cool, then strain.
- Add in lemon juice and 3 cups of cold water. Stir everything together, then refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Add the frozen raspberries and serve chilled with a lemon wheel.