Banana and cinnamon! For some reason when I use banana to bake something (call it banana bread or banana pancakes) I always want to add a pinch of cinnamon. Ohh that cinnamon fragrance.. I love it!
And now this typical food blog post will be transformed to something else..
When I started writing this post I was about to tell you how much I like to use banana when I bake and how the fragrance of the cinnamon can give this extra twist etc etc. A typical food blog post. However, an incident made me change my original plans. I was writing this post when I received a call from my sister on my mobile phone. I was ready to hear some bad news, because since I moved to the UK, Skype is our most usual way of communicating. My sister told me that my mother forgot her laptop somewhere and she wanted to know if there is any way to track the laptop or save any of the personal data that was into it. Apart from that, we should all change our gmail, facebook, etc, etc passwords.
You may wonder why I am writing all these and what’s the connection of a cookie and a lost/stolen laptop.. Actually there is no connection, but I thought that since you are reading this blog you probably browse the Internet on a daily basis and own a computer that has a lot of personal data about you or your family. And I would like to remind you how important it is to protect your privacy and your personal information.
So while you are thinking how delicious this cookies must be (seriously they are so delicious and healthy!).. you should ask yourself when was the last time you changed your email password or whether the password on your laptop is strong enough.. (and no 12345 is not a safe password!!). Don’t wait until you personal data get exposed, you can take actions in order to protect your privacy now! For example, I just installed a software that will allow me to track my phone/laptop and erase some of my personal data if my devices ever get stolen.
Ok and now let’s talk about these cookies! I just love this recipe. It makes the most amazing, chewy, soft and healthy banana oatmeal cookies! I could also call them banana bread bites, because they taste like banana bread (with peanut butter flavour).. but you can fit them in your cookie jar! And be careful.. they are so addictive!
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup creamy (or crunchy) peanut butter
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer cream together peanut butter, butter, vegetable oil and sugar until well combined.
- Beat in the mashed banana and egg and mix well. Add the vanilla extract
- Stir in the flour mixture until just combined.
- Add oats and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls and place on the lined trays. Press down slightly
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until light golden and cooked.
- Cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.