Let me talk to you about two of my favorite Greek food bloggers. Athina and Eva. They have been cooking and sharing their recipes for the past few years and both of them have been a major inspiration for me.
A couple of weeks ago Eva organised a giveaway and the prize was Athina’s latest book “Cookies”. A book filled with delicious, easy to make recipes, baking tips and wonderful pictures – all taken by Athina herself. I was so excited when Eva informed me that I was the winner of the giveaway.
I couldn’t wait to browse through the recipes and start baking. I was more than happy to discover that the book contains both sweet and savory recipes. It’s obvious that I can’t resist a sweet, soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie, but I can definitely enjoy a savory biscuit with sun-dried tomato and basil as well.
The bad news is that at the moment the book is only available in Greek. However you can still have a look at the amazing and mouth watering pictures that Athina and Eva have on their blogs! Besides, do not forget that.. Google translator is our friend
- 220g butter, softened
- 180g light brown sugar
- 80g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 280g flour
- 40g corn flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 150g dark chocolate chips or chunks
- 100g g white chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat the oven to 180 C degrees and line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Cream the butter and two sugars until light and fluffy in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, 2-3 mins
- Beat in the vanilla, then the eggs, one at a time, and mix well.
- Sift together the flour, the corn-flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and add to the butter with the mixer on low speed, mixing only until combined.
- Add the chocolate chunks and stir well.
- Cover dough tightly with plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour and up to 2 days.
- Using a tablespoon, place small mounds of the mixture well apart on the baking trays.
- Bake in the oven for 11–12 mins until golden brown on the edges and still slightly soft in the centre.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.