White wine summer sangria. Yes! It tastes as delicious as it sounds. Summer is coming to the end but there is still time to try this refreshing white wine sangria with peach and berries.
When it comes to alcohol, I am probably the most boring person ever. Even though I really enjoy going to nice cocktail bars, that serve unique, colorful and exotic cocktails the story always goes like this; I am staring at the catalogue for hours and eventually I end up ordering the same. A glass of white wine or a classic gin-tonic! But during summer, if there is sangria, then I would definitely go for it.
Unfortunately most time what I receive is not exactly what I expect. A glass of cheap wine, with a ridiculous amount of sugar and a couple of (not exactly fresh-cut) fruits doesn’t satisfy me at all. After many disappointing-sangria-orders I came to a conclusion. If I want to drink sangria the way I like, I need to prepare it myself.
For a nice fruity flavor, leave the sangria in the fridge for a couple of hours to rest. The fruits will infuse the wine and you will get a nice, aromatic and juicy drink, that you won’t be able to stop drinking. You can use your favorite white wine and mix it with some brady or orange liqueur. If you prefer your drink slightly sweet and spritzy then you can opt for a nice sparkling wine. Sangria is an extremely versatile drink and even the main ingredients can be adjusted to your own personal preferences. That’s the reason I love it so much!
- One 750-ml bottle sparkling white wine (such as Prosecco)
- 80 ml Brandy or Triple Sec
- 2 tbsp sugar **according to taste**
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 3 white peaches or nectarines, sliced or cubed
- 150 grams berries (blueberries, raspberries, etc)
- 250 ml soda water chilled
- several sprigs fresh basil or mint
- In a serving pitcher, add sugar, brandy and lemon juice. Stir well.
- Add peaches and cherries and wine and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Add some basil leaves and stir gently.
- Immediately before serving, stir in the soda water.
- Serve and enjoy.